COVID-19 Level 1 19/02/2021
Claud Switzer will move to Public Health Alert Level One and following the NZ Aged Care Association recommendations for residential homes. We will remain cautious, so access to Switzer is to continue with visiting restrictions of two people at a time, for up to an hour between 10.30am and 4.30pm seven days a week. Visitors will be asked to remain in the rooms of the people they are visiting.
We will observe thoroughly the rules of Level One and for us this means all staff will be required to stay home if ill and our teams have the same expectation of all visitors to Switzer.
Staff with colds or flu-like symptoms will be asked to undertake a test for COVID-19 through their GPs, and we will test elders of Switzer who display such symptoms. These tests are available in house for our elders.
Continued enhanced hand-washing and sanitising protocols will remain in place, and staff and elders, plus their visitors will be asked to observe sneezing and coughing etiquette.
Switzer will resume all organised events and services such as podiatry, hairdresser and our volunteers will resume supporting our activities. Only four volunteers on site on any given day. The community programme and wellness activities like Tai Chi will also re-start, as will our van-based shopping trips and outings.
All visitors must practice physical distancing, ensure good hand hygiene practices throughout the facility, and consider wearing a mask if they are unable to physically distance or wish to protect their elder more.
We ask that everyone follow these familiar COVID-19 hygiene measures and ‘thank you’ to our elders, their families, whanau and our incredible staff and our amazing team of suppliers and community for everything they have all done to get us successfully to this point.
We as a community will remain cautious. We know that in residential facilities outbreaks are particularly likely to happen where there are few or no protective measures in place. Therefore, we will do what we can, to support our elders who call Switzer their home and, of course, our staff.
Do not come to Claud Switzer Memorial Trust if you are sick.
- Visitor screening at reception (sign-in using the government’s COVID-19 tracer app and fill in our log. Thank you)
- Ensure good hand hygiene practices throughout the facility
- Please do not visit in large groups – no more than two visitors per resident at one time unless there is arrangement on compassionate grounds
- Consider wearing a mask, where physical distancing cannot be maintained and or you are from an area with positive COVID
- Visitors must stay at home if they are unwell, under investigation of COVID-19 or a close contact of someone who is a probable or confirmed COVID-19 case.
The symptoms of COVID-19 are:
- a cough
- a high temperature (at least 38°c)
- shortness of breath.
These symptoms do not necessarily mean you have COVID-19. The symptoms are like other illnesses that are much more common, such as cold and flu.
- To arrange a test ring Healthline on 0800 358 5453 or contact your GP