COVID-19 Coronavirus information
Updated October 2021
This information will be updated as notified by Ministry of Health and as the alert levels change.
To help us keep our residents and staff safe from the Covid-19 Delta variant, the following guidelines apply until further notice:
- Family and non-essential service visits are not allowed.
- Family visits on compassionate grounds, such as in a palliative situation, will be considered on a case-by-case basis, subject to public health advice, provider assessment and COVID-19 risk screening. Visits will be by appointment only. There is a limit to the number of designated visitors at one time.
- Providers will take precautions and manage visiting in a controlled way to minimise the risk of COVID-19 transmission to residents and staff:
- There is a limit on the number of designated visitors at one time, by appointment and sign-in process. Check with the provider directly prior to organising a visit.
- The number of visitors at one time should allow safe physical distancing and hygiene measures.
- The length of visits and visiting areas will be determined at the discretion of the provider, for example consideration will include the resident’s health, preference and request, and the number of appointments the facility already has.
- A record of all visitors into the facility should be kept.
- Health screening and assessment of visitors will be completed before entering the facility.
- Visitors must wear a face covering when visiting an ARC facility.
- Visitors must follow the Ministry’s and the facility’s infection prevention and control (IPC) measures, for example, hand hygiene, physical distancing and appropriate use of PPE.
- A visitor should just attend to the resident and limit contact with staff and other residents whilst visiting.
- No visitor is to be allowed who is unwell/symptomatic, under investigation of COVID-19 or a close contact of someone who is under investigation for COVID-19 or confirmed COVID-19 case.
- Providers must ensure that alternative ways/options are available for families/whānau to maintain contact with residents, this may include virtual calls.
- External contractors can visit for essential services; however, this will be managed by the provider who will assess any COVID-19 risk and implement measures to mitigate the risk.
We ask that all residents and visitors follow these familiar COVID-19 hygiene measures:
- Ensure good hand hygiene practices throughout the site.
- Follow the Government’s mandate to wear a face covering within the site.
- Ensure you keep a safe distance from our staff
- Only visit residents’ rooms
If you have any of the symptoms below, please DO NOT enter Switzer.
COVID-19 symptoms include:
- A new or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Sneezing and runny nose
- Temporary loss of smell
- Muscle aches
- A fever of at least 38°C
For more information please visit Click Here.